Golf shoe is one of the most important equipment while playing golf. It is very important to find the right golf shoe for yourself. It should provide you with the necessary comfort, flexibility and traction required to play golf along with being durable and waterproof. Once you have spent good money buying the right pair of golf shoes, you would want to take good care of it to keep its functionality up to mark and increase its life. With proper care of good quality shoes, they will retain their looks, feel and performance for a long time. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Clean your shoe after every use by removing the dirt from it. You can use a mild soap if you don’t have a shoe cleaner. Wipe the outsole and remove any dirt and grass from it. Leather oils are available to be used on leather outsoles to retain the look and the performance of leather for longer time.
- Air dry the shoes at room temperature before storing them. Avoid placing them out in the sunlight. Also do not use a hair dryer or any other artificial heat source to dry your shoes even if you are in a hurry.
- Store your shoes only after they are completely dry. If you store the shoes while they are still a little wet, you are putting them at a risk of bacterial growth.
- Check if the spikes are securely intact on the sole. Also check their condition after each round. The most common plastic spikes available nowadays, wear down quite easily. You will have to replace the spikes if needed. Replacement spikes are easily available in the market.
- When your shoes are dry you can use shoe cream on them to condition the leather and remove any marks.
- If you had been playing in the rain and your shoes have excessive moisture in them, place newspapers inside them to absorb the moisture.
- Once your shoes are clean and dry, place cedar shoe trees in them and put them in a shoe bag. Cedar shoe trees absorb excessive sweat and moisture along with maintaining the shape of the shoe. A golf shoe bag will keep your shoe safe and is manageable for transport. Look for a netted shoe bag to prevent moisture from building up.
- It is highly advisable to own at least two pairs of golf shoes and alternate them for each round. This will significantly increase the life of the shoes.
Golf shoes are as important for women golfers as they are for male golfer. Taking good care of your favorite pair of golf shoes is very important if you want to extend their life. Follow all the tips mentioned above and you will not have to worry about buying a new pair for a long time.